Jethmalani & Nallaseth PLLC

B-1 Visa

Temporary Business Visitor

▻ H-1B (Professionals) 

▻ B-1 (Temp Business Visitor)  

▻ E-1/2 (Treaty traders/Investors)  

▻ E-3 (Australian professionals)  

▻ L-1 (Intra-company transferees)  

▻ O  (Persons of Extraordinary Ability)  

▻ P  (Athletes, Artists, and Entertainers)  

▻ R (Religious Workers)  

▻ TN (Canadian/Mexican NAFTA Professionals) 

B-1 is available for those seeking temporary entry for participating in business-related activities in the United States such as meetings, conferences, consultations, conduct research, and negotiations. This visa category does not authorize individuals to work in the United States. B-1 visa is normally granted for up to 6 months admission on entry, and maximum total amount of time permitted in B-1 status on any one trip is generally 1 year.

How Can We Help?

  • Provide assistance and counsel on eligibility requirements for B-1 preferences, including assessment of permissible and prohibited activities.  
  • Assist in visa application abroad
  • Help with extension of B-1 status or change of status to other visa categories